Saturday, August 20, 2011

Woot Woot or should it be Bawk Bawk?

 Well we finally have two hens a-layin!  Went out on monday after work and too my surprise  AN EGG!!  I was pretty excited to say the least and of course ran in to get my camera, by thursday we had two, and we know whose isn't laying because these were both brown.  Mr. Buff (rooster) is taking his job very seriously and talking to all the roosters in the area, this morning I was outside enjoying my morning tea and he was holding a conversation with a rooster that was WAY down the road, too funny! 
 I have been busy with canning, and lotion making, and today I finished up my dill relish and have two batches of lye cooling off to make some soap. The soap has been a big hit, my only problem is I didn't have a batch for backup and gave my first batch away as samples, so now everyone buying my lotion, that want my soap have to wait,  DUH!!  oh well live and learn right?  Got a couple new scents kinda anxious to do them :) 
Summer is winding down and ya know what, I'm good with that, I am anxious to see all the dumb weeds that are small trees DIE!!  this time of year stuff just kinda starts to take a dive, like flowers etc. and I don't know about you but this time of year I get really sick of taking care of all those flowers, sick of watering them all the time, so yep bring on fall!
Fall is my favorite time of year, I know winter comes next but I still like fall.
Yesterday my son Jason would have been 36 years old, I can hardly believe I would have a child 36 years old, we lost him in a horrible car accident 14years ago this October 12th, he was my naughty kid, you know anyone who has more than one child knows what I'm talking about, the good kid, and the "challenge" he was my challenge but boy I would never have believed how much I miss him!!  I miss so many things about him but I also miss him not being able to see his nieces oh he would have loved them!! I miss him not being able to have children, just lots of things you take for granted, but I do believe I will see him again some day, he did accept Christ a few years before he was killed, my mom always reassured me when I would doubt (he wasn't living for the Lord) I might not see him again, and like my mom would always say to me  "that is satan making you doubt".  So someday I will see him again, and my dad and my mom, but until then I have many many memories of all of them.
Ok didn't mean to go mushy there, but it happens this time of year for me, with Jason's birthday yesterday and the anniversary of his death not far away it just happens.
Looks like it's gonna storm here today, and I'm thinking so because our dear Mr. Mac is under the computer desk at my feet and that is a sure sign something is brewing. (he isn't really fond of storms) he has a couple issues but we love him to pieces anyways!  Don't we ALL have a few issues? I mean really? 

some dill pickles

up close 

our very first egg!

the chickens

my butterfly bush / tree 

I think hybiscus

THE sauce master


the lastest edition to the family
Our grapes this year are awesome, last year in the spring we had a ton of them, and then they just all withered and died, this year I honestly can't believe how many there are and they are all good and turning purple, I think I will be making grape juice this year, might try my hand at some grape jelly too,  Steve likes to make wine but I think we will have enough to do it all.. I bought an awesome tool for just that too it's called the sauce master and you can buy a special attachment for grapes, so this should be fun! 
I forget about the new lawn mower we had to go buy I got sick and tired of used, used, used, and said that's it we are buying NEW! so we did :) 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment