Sunday, August 7, 2011

Good News!

I have good news to report, my biopsy came back negative, praise the Lord!!, it was quite a week for me this past week for sure and it just amazes me how I could literally feel the prayer I had behind me!! I felt God's presence in everything that I faced. I also had a bad molar that I was putting off having anything done with because I didn't want to have the breast biopsy and a surgically removed molar in the same week, but had the biopsy on friday the 29th and then the tooth kicked in on Monday the 1st, so at least I split it up a little right?  and I got the message about the biopsy sitting in my car with a mouth full of gauze, they had called and left me a message while I was having the tooth removed, what a feeling to look down at my phone and know who had left me a voicemail, just kind of a this phone call is THE phone call I have been waiting for! So I called as soon as I got to my car, the poor nurse could hardly understand me, but when she came back on the phone she told me that she had something that would make my tooth feel better, needless to say I had to sit and cry, and thank my wonderful Savior for all He had gotten me through and for the good news!  I must stress how important it is to have a yearly mammogram if your of age, I seriously had thought about not having one this year as I have had them for 20 years with no problems, I do not have any breast cancer on either side of my parents families etc, and then last year they came out with it's not necessary to have them every year, but I am just so thankful I decided to still go, I will say having your boob numb is the best way to have a mammogram though!  lol 

Well it's pickle time around here, I did 29pints of dill pickles in the past few days and have more to do, I think I am going to make more dill relish, ya know once you can it and have your own, the store kind just doesn't cut it!!
We had to go out and buy a new riding lawn mower today, I wish I was happier about it, but it just adds to the debt, we had two of them, one burned up a few months ago, and the second one burned up yesterday, get sick and tired fooling around with used crap so we went out and bought new period!
Didn't want to but hey you have to mow your lawn and we have about 2 acres we mow so it's not like an option.
Been busy making lotion too, I would like to do a few more soaps also so maybe in the next week or so, the first batch I did should be ready in a couple weeks, even though I cheated and tried some it's AWESOME! if I must say so myself :)   no more store bought soap for this chick!  Also want to be able to offer people soap to go with the lotion they buy.  
Not a whole lot new other than that, been hot still, but they are promising us a real cool down this coming week, like high's in the 70's low 80's how nice is that going to be.
Vacation Bible school was really fun, I am so glad that I volunteered I knew that I would be blessed but just didn't realize how much, like I said I am not much of a "kid" person, I have low tolerance I think but all in all I really enjoyed myself and it went very well. 
Well Steve is off to go pick up the new mower, so I'll try and post a picture of the new family edition in the next few days.
Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing my blog with me!
Have a wonderful week!
Val

0 Comments:

Post a Comment