Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Rainy days

Well it's raining outside and any ambition I had earlier in the day has been soaked.  I feel like doing nothing! so I thought I would catch up on my blog. Things have been busy around here, the garden is in (needs to be weeded already), still have pumpkins, and sunflowers to plant but its been such a wet spring, we had to wait til Steve could get the tractor into the dirt and it's been stuck twice, but the last week or so it's been drying out, we actually needed the rain today, didn't think I would hear myself saying that anytime soon after all we have had.
The chickens are growing up nicely, they seem to be a decent bunch of ladies, Steve swears he has heard a rooster oh well if we happen to have one apparently not to aggressive so that would be ok too.  We are going expand their pen area in the next few weeks, I feel as though they need more place to roam and eat, I would love to let them free range, but I don't trust our Mr. Mac I am afraid he would kill them, he's a hunter!  So stay tuned for that I guess.
I finally finished my purse, I like it it's cute, but if I were to make another one I would have the opening bigger for sure it's ok for a summer purse.  The lotion business is crazy, I don't seem to be able to stay ahead of orders but praising God for it all :) the money has helped out a lot! I like to make it as I get orders for it so it's always fresh when I sell it.  I have to have to have to get started making my soaps, I just can't seem to decide where I am going to cure it, not sure I have the best conditions so I might just wing it and see what happens.
Last saturday we went to an open house in Adrian, 3hr ride down and back 6 hours in the car makes for a long day for sure, but we actually got pictures of all the brothers and sister for a change that doesn't happen often I think last time they were all together was at least 5 years ago. 
Getting excited about next week, going camping with a friend of mine for 3 days, and we are camping at a christian music festival, it's called The Big Ticket Festival and they are going to have 110 bands, very excited, this is my first year going very, very excited.  3 days of praising and worshiping my Heavenly Father!
Just got another lotion order  YAY!!  It's really going well, I have to get myself some business cards or so I have been told, so I think I might work on that tonight too. The weather is supposed to be nicer tomorrow and through the weekend so I'll do my inside and computer stuff tonight and then I can be outside when its nice, I have to get the trailer ready too, probably have a few hours worth of work out there but I have another week so it will happen!

Steve's family, he is the tall one in the back
I am on the right of Steve's mom, sis-n-law to the left

my purse, I have since corrected the handles

made the girls a blanket tent on the clothesline.

they really had a good time in it.


Jazzy at the pool.

Jazzy and Kamilah after swimming. my two fish!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment