Thursday, June 30, 2011

It's been a devastating week!

Well where to begin, we have had a very devastating week, started on tuesday night when the door of the chicken coop was not latched.  I was gone to Bible study and Steve fell asleep on the couch and our dog Mr. Mac was outside, we lost 12 chickens and I can't hardly believe how devastated we have been over it. I hate to even think of it, all the time, money and hard work raising them from day one of their lives they each had their own little personalities,  we have 3 hens and 1 rooster left.  The amazing thing is that we have (1) each of the three breeds we had, and we weren't supposed to have any roosters, but ended up with three of them, at least we have one left.  Funny how I can see God's hand in all of this, I don't know why it had to happen but I do know there is a reason for it. We certainly can't blame Mr. Mac he was only doing what comes naturally to him, he is our little hunter.

We are going to get 5 more hens this weekend that are a year old so hopefully this all goes well. It's really amazing how attached you can get to chickens but I guess since we picked them up when they were a day old, and took care of them how could you not grow attached to them right?  The rooster who I have named "Buff"  seems to be getting better, he was limping and moving very very slowly, his feathers are a bit disheveled but he seems to be getting better, moving around better, so hopefully he will recover completely.  We are hoping to allow the hens to sit on their eggs and have chicks we shall see I have heard that is a very amazing thing to watch and be a part of I think it will be really cool for the grand daughters to be a part of too!
So the fourth of July this weekend, got big plans?  We will be staying home as Mr. Mac is deathly afraid of fireworks so no cottage for us, but my daughter Sarah is having some friends over for a pool party on sunday, and then Sarah and her family will be spending the night on sunday night, staying in our trailer it's always nice to have them do that.   Supposed to be nice and hot too!
So the Big Ticket Festival was incredible!! I can't wait to go next year already, got to see  TobyMac live wow does he put on a show or what, saw quite a few young people give their lives to Christ, it was just awesome, also got to see www.lifewithoutlimbs.org  Nick Vujicic an incredible testimony WOW is all I can say, I had read his book a few months ago, if you would like to read an encouraging book this is it!  He was born without arms or legs and there is really no medical reason for it. I can't wait for next year we will be camping for the whole time and not leaving on saturday afternoon, it just didn't work out right this year but had just an incredible time and spend time with a very very dear friend, we did a whole lot of laughing! 
Finished another doll, sold two of them to my friend I went camping with, I started a unicorn last night from http://www.etsy.com/listing/76680682/rainbow-the-pegasus-unicorn-with-wings  Kamilah loves unicorns, hopefully it turns out as cute as the picture :)  I really do enjoy making the dolls though fun to make them all different. 
Well thought I would update and can finally talk and think about what a week it's been, but only can get better from here right?  
How about you big plans for the 4th, and ever lost a bunch of chickens? 
Have a great great weekend!
Blog at ya soon!
Doll number 3, isn't she cute?

close up of her.

trailer closeness before they added the next row behind us

Big ticket festival.

us underneath our umbrella's 

more Big Ticket 

Nick Vujicic up on the table he speaks from.

our crazy cat in his basket.
Val

1 Comment:

Simply Me... said...

Oh my goodness val so sorry to hear about your week ! Bummer ... Were staying home for most of the week-end going to Mary's cottage on sunday can't wait ;) hope all is well hope to talk soon ! Xoxo

Post a Comment