Sunday, July 24, 2011

Going on the end of July ALREADY!

Wow, can you believe how fast this summer is just flying by? I can't believe it's been almost 3 weeks since I blogged, just been busy I guess lots going on, I actually have 7 quarts of green beans in the canner as I type, did 14 yesterday and another 14 today, and why is it they come into season at the very hottest time of the year, but I must say using a canner (which I just got last year) cuts down on a LOT of the heat., you don't have to water bath for 3 hours and steam up your kitchen, at least with the canner it's a lot quicker. I was so deathly afraid of pressure cookers until last year I was reading online really how not wise it is to process it in the water bath, so I thought I would be brave and try the pressure cooker, I love it, wish I would have done it years ago, but I guess you need to be older and wiser to understand these things..  lol  
Just finished a baby sweater and now only have two afghans to go, haven't even started on them but I still have a little time for those, I like to have backups of stuff like that, but too many people I know having babies I guess.
Our garden is going very well, Steve said he saw some tomatoes beginning to ripen, really ?  already?  but it has been really hot here and I know that everything kicks in with heat.
Well the chickens are doing good, after our loss :(  just waiting for them to start laying.... should be anytime now, and I am really hoping that at least one of them goes broody for me (motherly) if that happens I am going to leave the eggs, I can continue to buy eggs from the family down the road, but it will be nice to have my own. 
I have made two batches of soap, feeling much better and much less intimated by it :)  just needed to get a couple under my belt I guess. Looking forward to doing a few more but needed to get the green beans done this weekend. 
Went for my annual mammogram a couple weeks ago, had to go back and have a diagnostic mammogram done this past friday,  as they found some calcification in my left breast, and now I have to have a stereotactic needle core biopsy done hopefully this week, waiting on the dr. office to call me tomorrow, I just found out friday afternoon at 3:30, a little nervous just the not knowing, I have read and heard from so many women that this is very common, but just the not knowing for sure, this could be a life changing thing ya know? I am at peace though, I know that nothing can happen to me unless it goes through God's hands first, and if I can be a witness or testimony to even one person I will, puts a whole new meaning to  James 1: 2-4 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a] whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
So I do consider it pure joy, least I can do for a God that sent His one and only Son to die on a cross for me for my sins. I serve an awesome God!! 

my unicorn finally finished.

first batch of soap curing. 

6 of the 24 quarts of green beans 

baby sweater done.

on my way to work, but it never captures the true beauty.
Well I hope it's not so long before I blog again, sorry about that nothing more frustrating than following someones blog and they haven't updated it in weeks, makes you want to not follow it anymore. 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment