Saturday, March 3, 2012

Still here!

Oh my gosh it has been soooo long since I posted, I had to reset my password and everything just to get back into my own blog.  Shame on me, and here I was going to get better at posting not worse.  I don't even know where to start, so I'm just gonna start, it's snowing, go figure no snow almost all winter long, March hits and bam so does the snow!  I was really afraid that was going to happen! I sure hope it's over soon, cuz I am READY for spring!  Ok now I do have some stuff to share with you.   Our church is going to do a community garden and we are going to do a new type of gardening (well new to us) but I don't think it's real well known, it is so awesome and I am so excited about it you can check it out here http://backtoedenfilm.com/ it's an hour and a half long but it's an incredible way to farm and garden, and it just makes so much sense, go ahead check it out I promise you it will be worth your time! I am going to do my strawberries this way this year, it will take a while to build up what you need to actually be able to garden this way, so I'm starting small and next year do something bigger too.
 Well I have been doing a lot of knitting, I'll post some pictures, making soaps, and lotions, the holidays were really busy for me, but I am so thankful for that, Steve has been out of a job since Sept 2010, working here and there for a temporary service, he is a licensed electrician and jobs just aren't out there,  and I am sure being 51 yrs old doesn't help a whole lot either, it takes such a toll on men when they can't work, just does a number on their whole pysch know what I mean?
 I have decided not to put my soaps in my friends office, I just don't want to commit to it I guess, but at least I know maybe someday I could and probably make a go of it.  I'm really thinking ahead to my retirement years, just something to keep me busy and help out with money too, just getting my ducks all in a row so to speak.
The chickens are doing well, we have added a few more, so we are up to 11 now, we had to get rid of Buff the rooster, he became very very mean and aggressive,  I had a little bout with him, scared me to death, and that was the beginning of his end!  You don't tick off the boss! and the hens are so much happier with him gone, they are like different birds!
My grand daughters are getting so big, Kamilah is in first grade (she was home schooled last year) but she seems to be doing very well, she's a very smart studious type of kid.  Her little sister Jazzy on the other hand, well she will be my daughters challenge, as she has been since day one :)
I'm trying to think what else is new since October oh my I'm so embarrassed that it has been so long. , not really sure how many people check my blog anyways.  I do check the blogs I follow on a daily basis.
I do promise I will try and blog more consistently.  I guess I just don't really feel like I have anything interesting to say.
Well I'll download some pictures and then I do have a little elephant I need to finish tonight.
Thanks for checking my blog, and I'll be blogging at ya later.

Going to put some new pictures under my knitting page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment