Sunday, May 15, 2011

Another sunday night.

Well here we are at sunday night again. Wouldn't it be nice if the week days flew by as fast as the weekends? and I had thursday and friday off last week.  My daughter and I and another friend of mine did a garage sale, and we were pretty successful we totaled $414 between the three of us, not bad for getting rid of stuff we didn't need or use.
Well the good word is the chickens are in their coop!!!  YAY!!  did I say YAY? that has been a big thing weighing on my mind lately, I knew they were getting really cramped upstairs in the brooder and they had to get out soon!
We have had so much rain this spring it's almost impossible to get anything outside accomplished when you only have after work and the weekends to do anything, but they are out and I think they really love their new home! Just went out to take a few pic's and the ole hubby is making a fancy smancy ramp for them to walk down oh my! 
We did have some excitement here monday evening my husband cut his thumb on the table saw and needed 11 stitches so that occupied our monday evening after 8 o'clock, but he is doing fine he's pretty tough at least he is finally beginning to realize when it's serious and he needs stitches.  LOL  
Finally got my order of soap making supplies and also the preservative I have been waiting for to add to my lotion, made a couple batches this afternoon but I need to verify I am reading my digital scale right or if it is the right type of scale not sure it shows the increments I need, but did a couple trial batches and even whipped one with the stick blender, I have been doing so much research on it and that is one way a site I looked at did it, so I thought why not give it a shot right? It did actually give me more lotion but it was pretty fluffy so I will have to wait and see if I will do another batch like that.

what happens when I leave my seat for a minute!


Hubby working on the fancy smancy walkout.

the chickens underneath their coop while Steve works

the 3 "chickens" still inside the coop as Steve works.

Mr. Mac and Ms. Allie watching Steve

the chicks out in their new yard and loving it!

My first knitted doll.
Also finished my first knitted doll, she turned out pretty cute, still working on the face, my daughter suggested trying to make eyelashes too I tried last night, I am not a very good embroidery person, but practice makes perfect right? well at least thats what I have always been told!! I will include a picture of her too, the possibilities are endless with colors of hair, dresses, leggings, etc.  Thinking about maybe doing  a craft show this fall with my sister even though she didn't sound real excited about it oh well might do it myself anyways, I should have plenty to sell with all the stuff I knit and the lotions, and soaps. 
My pictures were taken with my new cannon camera that I received from my daughter and her family for mom's day, yep I was pretty excited, the only camera I had was the one on my phone this one is SOOOO nice!!
My summer group Bible study starts this tuesday very excited about that! I can't wait!!
Well have a wonderful week and I'll blog at ya later!
Val

0 Comments:

Post a Comment