Thursday, May 5, 2011

I can't believe it's been over two weeks!

Wow, shame on me, it's been over two weeks since I have updated my blog, and as I sit down now, I'm trying to think what has kept me so busy.  I did take the cold process soap making class, that was pretty cool, I think the lady I took it from (who has been doing it for over 20 years) has maybe become a little complacent with soap making, as I read books, and watch videos there are some kind of important items that she didn't really touch on so much, but that's ok I really just wanted to watch someone and make my own hands on batch which we did and we had a really nice time doing it.  I have since ordered some things (of course) to get me going on my first batch of soap, it shipped today so I'm excited, I have been cruising the net and oh my goodness I am amazed at how many recipes there are out there, so I just need to figure out which ones I want to try, come up with a name, and come up with some cute packaging, which I have also found a few sites that offer some cute stuff that I could just kinda dress up myself to make it mine.
  Oh the chickens are getting so big, they need to go out SOON!! hubby has been out of town ALL week and is heading out again when he gets home tomorrow so not much is getting done on the coop/pen this week, but next week dog gone it!! I did paint the inside well almost the whole inside until I ran out of the paint, which seemed to take forever, but I don't mind painting, I just so want to get those ladies outside in their coop and in their nice big pen they will have to run around in, they are going to love it!  They are so funny and you can see the different personalities, yup chickens do have those believe it or not.
 My daughter and I are having a garage sale next week thurs/fri/sat (praying it doesn't rain) so I have been busy getting my stuff ready for that I made some heat pads filled with field corn, made me one and I think I use it every night for around my neck ahhhh it feels sooo good! I will post pictures when I get my laptop back, Steve took it on the road with him, and it's so much easier to post pictures on that than this computer. 
 The gray gloomy weather is starting to really get on my last nerve! It shines during the day when I'm at work and then oh about 3ish in roll the clouds, ya know you just don't feel like doing anything when the weather is cold and gloomy, but on the up side of that I still have a home that wasn't taken out by a tornado, or a flood, so I am thankful for that. God is so good to us!
 I told you about the Better basics for the home book, incredible my daughter too is hooked on it, I made up some of the vegetation killer, sprayed a bunch of my weeds and I think their dying..  YAY!!  I sure hope we don't have weeds in heaven I don't think so, maybe just the pretty flowering kind, what do you think? 
 In two weeks my summer small group starts, oh I can't wait I love those girls!! This summer we are doing Faith and the S.T.O.P. principal by Sabrina Fairchild,  it's a study guide to learn how to  S  surrender   T  trust   O  obey  P  Patiently wait upon the Lord,  I got the book last week and have read the first chapter, and I think it's gonna be an amazing "personal" study.  Very very excited for that! 
  Well I promise I'll try to not make it be so long before I update again, where have I heard that before,  yup coming right from this ole set of lips!!  
 Oh and I have been reading  The Pioneer Woman which I wasn't sure I would like, when I reserved it at the library I really didn't know much about it, I got it, and it's a love story but it's really really good, she has a wonderful way of writing makes you really feel like your right there, so anyways if you like love stories you might like this one!
Ok signing off for now! Have a wonderful weekend and oh by the way HAPPY MOM'S DAY!! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment