Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I should have listened to me!

I tried to tell myself I probably wouldn't have the time to blog, and I think I was right.  I haven't been very faithful and it's only going to get worse as summer comes on and life gets busier.  Let's see what is new here,  ok the chicks are getting way too big way too fast, the coop is coming along  but not quite as fast as we need it to be, but we have had a LOT of rain and a very chilly spring it hasn't been the nicest spring that is for sure, but on the other hand I am so thankful we haven't had to deal with the awful storms and tornadoes they have had down south. 
Not a whole lot new here,  sure love having the bread dough in the fridge from http://www.artisanbreadinfive.com/  it's so nice to have fresh  bread anytime we want, Steve is loving it for sure. Almost time to make another 5 gallon bucket of laundry soap again, I have been giving some away for people to try before they make a 5 gallon bucket of it, so far everyone I have given some has made it so thats cool!  Sure is a nice feeling knowing I don't have to buy laundry detergent again, and here's a little tip for ya, I wanted to see if I could make my own oxi-clean and it's just peroxide so I have been adding a cup of peroxide yup the kind you use for cuts etc. and it does really work and a whole lot cheaper and I have to believe better for everything.


I did buy a new book called Better Basics for the home by Annie Berthold-Bond it is so cool,  simple solutions for less toxic living incredible what you can do with some household stuff and essential oils, check it out!  Friday night I am going to a cold process soap making class very excited for that.  I have put my lotion on a hold mode for now just for the fact I have found out I should be using a preservative in it, so I'll update on that actually the girl I am taking the soap class from is going to help me out with that she's been doing this stuff for 20 years or as she put it "before it was cool" .   ha ha
We are sitting here waiting for another storm to hit us here in about 10 minutes, I hope we don't lose power or maybe I should just post this now just in case. Ok I'm signing off for now it's getting pretty dark this way, and I would not be happy to have to retype all this, let alone remember what I posted.
Blog at you soon I hope.

2 Comments:

simply lanny said...

I know its hard to fine the time ... but you will :) have fun at your soap making class .

Michelle and Jill said...

It is hard to find the time. Believe me. :) But at least you learned a lot more and you can't do everything all the time...at least that is what I tell myself. :)

M

Post a Comment