Saturday, March 19, 2011

A beautiful saturday.

Well it's a beautiful saturday here.  The sun is shining and I got another section of lawn raked this morning, a little at a time before it gets hot out cuz I don't do well working in the heat.  Got lots done last night, vacuumed, dusted, made 4 loafs of Amish freindship bread, used banana instant pudding in two of them, oh my very very good, they probably won't be going to church tomorrow, keeping one and bringing the other one to my daughters house this afternoon!  I'll  make another desert to take along tomorrow with the other two loafs which I used vanilla instant pudding those are usually pretty yummy too.  I used my last Almond extract last night and thought to myself, hmmmm wonder if I couldn't make my own Almond extract, worked for the Vanilla and that turned out good, actually on my second batch of that, Christmas wiped me out there, got smart though made a bigger batch this time, so next on to Almond, I did find out that "bitter" almonds are illegal in the U.S. so I guess I will just use normal ones,  heaven forbid I do anything illegal.  I am really going to try and make my homemade hand lotion too some time this weekend, it's a busy one though. I have to start getting ready to go to my daughters we are going to see a musical this afternoon  it is Seussical the musical .  The first nanny job my daughter had, it's the oldest girl  that is in it, and I believe she has a lead role in it, so kinda excited to see that whole family. So into the shower I am headed and out the door.  I'll try and post later with pictures of the yummy Amish bread and hopefully instructions and pictures of the hand lotion.  Enjoy your weekend and don't forget to go to church!!  It does a "soul" good! 

1 Comment:

Michelle and Jill said...

I knew when you said you were out of Almond extract...the next sentence would be...wonder if I can make it. LOL! I love hearing of your homemade adventures. :)!

Post a Comment