Saturday, March 26, 2011

Good saturday morning!

Good saturday morning everyone, well I just had most of my post done went to get a link and closed out the wrong session, so know of course I am starting over, lets see what did I say 3 minutes ago?   It's going to be a beautiful (but cold) day here hoping to maybe get some raking in, we will have to see on that one it's only supposed to be in the 30's today but if the sun will unthaw the grass I could get some more raking done I'm sure.  The girls are coming out today for a  "photo shoot" with the (not as little as they were on wednesday) chicks.  My sister is coming out with her camera and taking pic's for me so stay tuned for those.  We made bread dough last night from the (here's the link that cost me my last post) http://www.artisanbreadinfive.com/  I got the book from the library and have since ordered it along with a dough whisk that we got yesterday  (LOVE IT) with this dough you can have fresh bread anytime in just a couple minutes a day and it stays in your fridge (the dough) for up to 2 weeks, pretty cool actually and you can make all sorts of different breads just from a master recipe. I'll try and post a picture of the bread today I'm sure we will make at least one. It was very very easy to make no kneading kinda cool!  I remember when I was a little girl my dad would make bread every saturday night a few loaves too and we would have bread rising on all the heater vents in the house, funny how things trigger memories isn't it?  and ohhhhh the smell it was fabulous !  Sure miss my dad, but I WILL see him again one day along with my Heavenly Father!!  sometimes you can hardly wait ya know?  
Well I guess I had better get up and get a few things done,  I am cutting up old jeans, saw a really cool quilt made out of old jean squares so that will take me a while but I am amazed at how many squares you can get out of a pair of jeans!  amazing. 
So I will be blogging at you again soon!   Go out and enjoy your day!
Val

2 Comments:

Simply Me... said...

see you later today... looking forward to it :) love that your blogging !

Michelle and Jill said...

Jean quilt...interesting! :) I like that idea

Post a Comment